Thursday, April 2, 2009

MY NOTES ON FILMING

As a film director, I"ll be posting my notes & express my personal process & experience here, in simple english ... again, this is my journey ...

COLLABORATING:
In telling ur story and getting the right team to share ur vision. For me, first is about my story, the story I'm telling in film and sharing this process with other artist. This collaboration wherein you rely on others to interpret ur vision. THE CREW

The process begins with selecting ur creative team ... part interviews (questions, discussions, communication) & part intuition (listening to ur gut, ur inner voice).

How does each member of the team tell the story through their craft and their compatibility of their vision with ur's.

Allow them to share their vision with ur story. Does the Makeup artist see what u see, the Cinematographer, do they see with the same light, composition, framing & camera movement like u see. Editor, Set Designer, do their story stimulate the colors, sounds, the moods u see in ur imagination. Is their vision supporting ur passion?


I want an editor to be with me at the begining process, long before postproduction. To share the look, rhythms, and who appreciates the significance of music and sound effects.



I want people that excite & stimulate me, to become a better director.   

WORK IN PROGRESS ... -PEPPER NEGRON 

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/PEPPERNEGRON
© 2008 PURPLE VELVET PRODUCTION LLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment